Stepping Stones of Faith help our children and youth gain skills and understanding of some of the fundamentals of the faith.
The Prayer Workshop is one of the Stepping Stones of Faith. The workshop provides an opportunity for children in grades 1-3 to learn about prayer, and helps equip their parents to speak with them about prayer and teach them how to pray.
Here are the details on the Prayer Workshop:
- Children in grades 1-3 and their parents should attend. You don't have to be a member of Christ Lutheran Church.
- Children will be taught different ways to pray. The workshop will give them a better understanding of the difference between prayers and wishes.
- They will be videotaped saying petitions of the Lord's prayer which will be used the next day during worship.
- They will go home with prayers they can use before meals at bedtime, and for various occasions around the house.
- Parents will feel more comfortable talking about prayer with their children.